The Veterinary Rehabilitation Center provides the highest quality veterinary rehabilitation, and pain management services available. Our goal is to improve the quality of life of each of our patients and to strengthen and prolong the bond shared between our patients and their guardians. We offer non-invasive therapies in a warm, compassionate, and home-like environment where your pet feels comfortable and at ease. Our staff is committed to enhancing the physical, as well as the psychological well-being of the patients. At The Veterinary Rehabilitation Center, we strive to be the best that we can be, and are continually researching and educating ourselves on the latest advances in veterinary medicine that may benefit our patients.
At Veterinary Rehabilitation Center, each patient is evaluated by a veterinarian, and an individualized water therapy treatment plan is formulated based upon the condition and needs of your dog or cat. Your pet’s progress will be closely monitored by the veterinarians and staff.
The Veterinary Rehabilitation Center will provide water therapy in a controlled environment using the following services for our physical therapy patients:
- Physical Therapy Pool: the pool has been lowered into the foundation of the building for easy accessibility. Deep-water swimming may be recommended for those patients in a more advanced stage of the rehabilitation process.
- Overhead Harness System: the harness system allows a comfortable transport for the injured pet in and out of the pool.
- Underwater Treadmill: The underwater treadmill is incorporated into many of our rehabilitation programs. It provides us with a controlled environment that can be adjusted to the patient’s needs, including water height, treadmill speed, and use of an incline.
What are the benefits to hydrotherapy offered by The Veterinary Rehabilitation Center?
- Less stress on the pet’s joints due to the buoyancy of water which allows them to exercise without pain
- Allows unbalanced and weak pets to stand without falling
- Weak pets can move their body with greater ease
- The resistance of the water helps to improve strength
- Improves cardiovascular function
The Physical Therapy Plans Available:
- Individual Plans for Infrequent Pool Use
- Short & Long Term Plans: Therapy plans designed over a period of time to best meet the rehabilitation need to the pet.
- Pool Rehabilitation Memberships: Memberships designed for the pets in need of long term low impact exercise needing to maintain good physical condition.
The hydrotherapy plans described above are designed to help you learn how to help your pet.
Please ask us how The Veterinary Rehabilitation Center can help you and your pet improve their quality of life.